Welcome !!!!!

Home Forums JFK Class of 77 Welcome !!!!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ron Hunsaker 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jim Dynda

Welcome to the Class of 77 website/forum.

Diana Perez (Arvizu), Alex Gonzales and Jim Dynda have gotten together to get the planning started on our 40th year reunion. At this time, the plan is to have the events in the Venutra, CA area. This location came about with the generous offer by Alex Gonzales to host some of the events at his establishment (Cork Ventura). While none of the events listed on this website are ‘set in stone’, they are simply a start to the planning. The committee is open to other locations (ie. Orange County). If you have any suggestions or contacts, Please let us know. We would be more than happy to explore locations and ideas from the class. Also, if you would like to help in the planning, please contact any of us (See Contact Page on this website).

Thank You,
    Class of 77

Nonna (Cramer) Van Wollingen

Hey Jim! I won’t be able to join in the reunion but would like to join the journey (via this website). Living in Western Oz…a bit too far away, hey?
    I remember you being in Boy Scouts with my brother, Bobby Cramer (deceased, in 1999).

Jim Dynda
    Keymaster

Sorry you can’t make it to the reunion….
    I am very sorry to hear about your brother. I have thought a lot about the troop as my son, John recently became an Eagle Scout.

Diana Perez

Hi classmates!
    The committee had a great meeting yesterday and we are excited to plan a fun-filled “weekend” reunion sure to make EVERYONE happy! But, like Jim said, if YOU have any ideas or suggestions for our reunion PLEASE bring them to our attention ASAP. In order to have sufficient time to plan this event, the FINAL decision will be made on February 1, 2017~

In an effort to keep costs down, we will NOT be using the services from Great Reunions this time and we will not be having our reunion in a hotel-setting. The majority or responses, so far, have been to have something more “casual”, so that’s what we are focusing on.

We’ve already received some responses from classmates who no longer live in California but are willing to return for our reunion! (one is coming from as far as Virgin Islands!!) That is awesome to hear that we had such a great class of kids that we all want to see each other again!

Please stay posted on THIS site and on Facebook as well. If you are still in contact with any of our classmates, please inform them of this upcoming event and ask them to join the sites for updated information.

(I actually found the information Great Reunions provided us at our 30th year reunion and sent out an email blaster yesterday to see if I could capture anyone……….and I did!!)

Please stay tuned and SAVE THE DATE!!
    Friday, July 14-Sunday, July 16, 2017

Ron Hunsaker

Hi all,

I have a friend who owns two event sites in the community of Rancho Santa Margarita, where I live. One is an intimate site called Dove Canyon Courtyard in RSM and the other is the Coto Valley Country Club in nearby Coto de Caza. I can ask for rates, if this is something you would be interested in. But they may be a bit pricey.

I, myself, would prefer something down at the beach. You may want to look into this rather unique restaurant on Bolsa Chica State Beach, called SeaLegs. They effectively took a beach snack bar and turned it into a restaurant with a beach-y seating area. http://www.sealegswinebar.com/Bolsa-Chica. My wife and I ride by it all the time when we cruise the bike path, and its been doing a brisk business.

Good luck on your planning. At this time, we are planning on attending and I am trying to coax a fellow classmate to come out for it from Ohio.

Regards,
    Ron Hunsaker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.